Saturday 14 March 2015

Blyth, Teesside & Rufforth, 4th-6th March 2015

After Monday's excitement, the rest of my week away felt quite tame, but a selection of white-winged gulls kept the interest up.
First off was a bright juv Iceland Gull that joined the gulls gathering on the rocks off Blyth harbour on the morning of the 4th, just a shame the light was so bright.


Later that day I was down on Teesside, and whilst watching a smart GND off South Gare, a big buffy juv Glauc threw itself into a small feeding flock nearby.


The following day was spent on Teesside again, and the long-staying juv Glauc was amongst fewer gulls than of late at Seaton Carew.


On the 6th I had time for another look at Rufforth on the way south, but the sun came out as I arrived, and the heat haze made viewing a challenge. All was not lost though, and I left with a fine haul: the ad Kumlien's, ad Iceland, ad Glauc, new 2cy Caspian Gull and the big white leucistic GBB. Not bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment